About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 2 May 2016

Design Board Monday #32 - Oh Thank Goodness!

Oh thank goodness I have my camera up and running again....TG I can take much better photo's than I have over the last two weeks....TG I was able to join friends to sew at the Post Office on Friday....TG I decided to call in to the Quarter Inch Shop.....

I have been busily stitching on block 8 of Flowerville and although it doesn't seem like I have done as much as last week....I reckon it will be finished in a couple of nights and I can give all my attention to A Country Tea Party until the final block 9 arrives in the mail.


On Friday, it was agreed that I was needed on the farm with getting a certain cow to visit a bull and wouldn't make it to my sewing group.  As it turned out, said cow did not appear ready to visit the bull so I headed off to join the Post Office sewing group.  A lucky move, as it turns out because Tanya, who owns the Post Office, was sorting through her studio and had a huge bag of these vintage linens which she was wanting to sell....I managed to pick up 7 pieces for $25.

A close up of some of the embroidery.....puts my satin stitch to shame!!


Oh...and if you were wondering if the cow....Bessie, ever made it over the road to see Glenn...well the answer is no but that doesn't mean I was off the hook....Pippa was on heat this morning and bellowing very loudly so we walked her over...It was a much easier task than when we took Anna over last month. You can meet the herd and read about the 'Cow Whisperer' (that's me!) HERE.

Driving home from the PO Group takes me past Helen Stubbing's shop, Quarter Inch and I have been meaning to call in ever since she opened the doors.  It was now or never....here's what I came home with.
3 patterns and a charm pack for some hexies

 
And finally.....Thank Goodness, I have all your link ups to inspire me....so,

What do you have to share for this week?





  • Link will be open until this coming Sunday.
  • Link anything that you are working on this week or over the past week....needle and thread is all it takes.
  • Please add a link back to Bits 'n Bobs as part of your post (why not get the button code from the side bar to paste into your post). This will help your readers finding the Link Up if they want to participate as well.
  • Please make the effort to visit other link users and leave them a comment. Leaving me a comment after linking up will help me know that you have been by and linked up
  • Other Link Parties are more than welcome to link up too! Please NO Sales, Endorsement or Promotional Posts....they will be deleted.

Link Below


 
Also Linking with:


13 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching and I love your beautiful vintage linens...great buy! Good luck with your 4 legged girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cath,wow what lovely stitching and boy those linens are gorgeous,you got a lovely buy there my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore your Flowerville. It's looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowerville is coming along nicely....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours on your embroidery

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on Flowerville and a lovely collection of linens and fabrics. Have fun! Thank you for hosting!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice progress on the Flowerville, your stitching is lovely. Nice selection of vintage linens too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your embroidery is so beautiful and great photography! A very nostalgic feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your embroidery is beautiful. I particularly like seeing the variegated thread used. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really enjoying seeing your stitching progress on Flowerville. What a fantastic group of linens you picked up - just lovely! Thanks for linking to Main Crush Monday Cath!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful vintage linens! and love your colourful stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stitchery is beautiful! And what a deal on the vintage pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful vintage linens! Do you have a plan for them?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...